Name________________________________________ Date__________________________ Per ___________
1. What kind of energy is thunder?
2. What kinds of energy do we use in our world today?
3. What happens when work is done?
4. What is energy?
5. How do we know work has been done?
6. What unit is energy measured in?
7. Potential energy is:
8. What causes the apple to fall if the stem breaks?
9. What two factors does gravitational potential energy depend on?
10. Write the formula for gravitational potential energy in words and in abbreviations (symbols):
I 1. In these formulas, what do each of the following variables represent?
d) g = -
12. How is height in this formula measured?
13. Read the Math Skills box on pg 299. Copy the three steps for solving gravitational potential energy problems:
14. On the back of this paper, following the steps you just wrote, and looking at the example in the book, do the four gravitational potential energy practice problems on page 299. You MUST show ALL YOUR WORK for each problem.