Reading questions 2.1 Name
What is Matter? Pp. 38 – 44
- What is chemistry?
- What is matter?
- What experiment tells you that carbon is an element?
- What are elements?
- What are atoms?
- What are symbols?
- What is a compound?
- Compare nylon to the elements that make up nylon.
- What is a molecule?
- What two ways can molecules be made?
- What does a chemical formula tell you?
- What is a pure substance?
- What is a mixture?
- Compare grape juice to the components that make it
- What is a heterogeneous mixture?
- What is a homogeneous mixture?
- What the difference between miscible and immiscible
- Give three examples where gases and liquids mix.