Questions 1.2††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Name
The Way Science Works pp. 12-19
Directions: Answer the following questions using complete
- What skills are important in science?
- What skill is most important in science?
- What is critical thinking?
- What is the scientific method?
- What is a hypothesis?
- How do you test a hypothesis?
- What is a variable?
- Why do you change only one variable at a time?
- Why is it rue that no experiment is a failure?
- What do scientists do if they can not use an
experiment to test a hypothesis?
- What three things do scientists need to know about
the tools they use?
- List three of the tools of scientists and what they
- Why canít scientists use inches and gallons when they
- What are the seven base units of the SI system?
- What are derived units?
- Why do you need prefixes in the SI system?
- How do you convert from one unit to another in the
- How is weight different from mass?
- What two ways can you measure volume?